Monday, January 12, 2015

Can't stop won't stop

1. Ice skating!

2. We were in the library when an investigator of the Elders called and they were busy, so we taught their investigator on speakerphone on the floor of the library with three members who happened to be right there. I flipping love being a missionary.


3. BAPTISM! Four more INCREDIBLE people who love the Lord and truly want to follow Him. We are growing so fast!


Well...I think my blood has gotten thinner, because this morning it was a brisk 20 degrees Celsius (about 68 degrees fahrenheit) and I was FREEZING.

Speaking of freezing...last week we went ice skating on P day! It was Sister Yanisa's first time and she's been begging to go the whole transfer so of course I couldn't say no. She only fell...I think about 12 times. Actually, she was way good by the end of it, too! I was very impressed. I of course had fun skating. I'm proud to say I didn't fall once and didn't hold onto anyone or anything for the whole time (Except when Sister Yanisa was hanging onto me for dear life, haha).

We had Zone Training this week...and our zone leaders asked us if the work we were doing in our area was helping the work in Chiang Mai, on the other end of the country. At first, I thought, no, how could my work in Bangkok be helping Chiang Mai? But then I thought about Sister Ellis, my last companion, who's serving there right now...and when I send her pictures of investigators getting baptized here, she gets way pumped up. Which makes her a better missionary. Which means that the work I'm doing IS helping the work in Chiang Mai.

And then our zone leaders asked us to think bigger. What about the work in Idaho? One of our Elders, Elder Web, is from Idaho, and I'm sure him sending letters home every week is helping his family there -- and therefore the work in Idaho. And I have friends all over the world, and when I hear about how well they're doing, it makes me a better missionary, so they're impacting my mission!

...See how missionary work is a worldwide effort?

This week I went on a switchoff to Bangkhen (I think you'd pronounce that Bahng-Cane), and I love doing those because you get to be with a different companion in a different area for 24 hours and I always learn so much/get a new perspective on missionary work. I got to switch off with Sister Adams and she is awesome. I'm so grateful I got to serve with her, even for just one day! She's a crazy good/efficient missionary and I appreciate what I learned with her.

Aaaand we've started going to early-morning seminary! At first, we started going because one of our investigators ตา (Daa) was interested in going...but now we go because we love it so much. We're studying the Doctrine & Covenants! Sister Yanisa never had the chance to go because she only joined the church a year and a half ago, and I have to say...I get so much more out of it now than I did when I was in the young women program. It's such a great start to the day that I don't even mind that we have to get up at 5am to go.

Sometimes I think I love members too much...yesterday I agreed to memorize the Young Womens theme in Thai to help a 12-year-old girl who just got baptized last month. And yesterday my favorite family agreed to adopt me because they're always feeding me extra food and their sons (12 and 6 years old) and I are way close. My conversations in Thai are getting faster and faster and I think the members have started forgetting that I don't speak thai natively...

I think I'm turning Thai? And I love it.

Go do some good today. We're all capable of it.
Sister Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment