Monday, April 6, 2015

Pigs are flying, the sea is parted, north is south....there's gonna be a temple in Thailand!


WELL pretty much everything I was gonna say for this week is overshadowed by the fact that last night (in our time) President Monson announced a temple in Bangkok, Thailand.

That's what we've been working for! Literally all I've been doing is driving members crazy testifying that the temple is coming. I was just thinking last night about the time we went to a mountain in Lopburi for a zone devotional and I caught the vision. I understood how much the members need a temple, the blessings from that, etc. and so I've been promising members that the temple is coming, it's so close, we're getting ready for it...

But even I thought it'd be after I went home before they announced it.

So what does this temple announcement change? Well, it doesn't really change anything. We have a work to do, and that won't change. We knew a temple was coming, that it was a matter of "when" not "if."

A temple in Bangkok, Thailand, will change the face of Southeast Asia. Singapore, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Vietnam...all the way to India. And whether or not we're ready we're ready to go now because the prophet said! God's timetable is almost never ours...it's the greatest thing ever.

So for the week...I met the princess of Thailand, had a fever of 103 degrees, and went on two switchoffs. Busy week. I've never had physical problems really before the mission but pretty much since getting here it's been a lot of awful colds and weird problems. It's nothing if not humbling. And it gets hotter every day. I don't want to know how hot it actually is because I think I'd probably never go outside again if I actually knew what I was going out into.

This week we were roped into a government exhibition at a hotel in our area where we were representatives of the church at a booth for three days while government officials (including the princess) walked by and asked questions about the Church's humanitarian efforts around the world and in Thailand. Definitely not something I thought I'd be doing when I was called to serve in the Thailand Bangkok Mission!

Hope everyone is having a better week than we have been...we get general conference and Songkhran (the once-a-year water festival) next week, so we just gotta make it until then! And then right after that is transfers and I already know I'm leaving the area so...it's just a countdown.
Love you all,
Z.

1. Feeding the dogs outside our house. This one is named Reynalda, she's super friendly and I've been here so long that when I got here she was a tiny puppy.

2. Me and Sister K and Sister W, my two favorite Laotians after church yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment